Eta Nu Sigma Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc.
2013 Evelyn Hawkins Hood Award Recipient
given to the outstanding person in the community whom the sorority wishes to publicly
recognize for outstanding achievement in human and community service
Marianne Camille Spraggins
A Legendary Wall Street Career That Has Globally Impacted Our Race
Here are a few of her accomplishments. There are too, too, too, many to list. A conversation with her and others about her life will leave on baffled at just how she has been able to accomplish so much and to amass such knowledge and wisdom. Marianne Camille Spraggins in indeed an icon that stands ready, wiling and able to help the forward perpetual motion of her ethnic group that we may one day stand upon an even playing field with the “majority”.
- Over 25 years of municipal, mortgage, private equity and legal experience; over $20 bn transactions
- Holder of a star studded, celebrity icon across various fields rolodex; sports, entertainment, finance, business, philanthropy
- Current Chief Marketing Officer, The BondFactor Company, a new minority-owned Bond Insurer
- Raised funds for President Obama’s campaign
- Raised funds for Former Mayor Dinkins’ campaign
- Former Senior Managing Director, Smith Wiley & Co.
- Former CEO, W. R. Lazard & Company, one of Wall Street’s top minority-owned firms
- Former Senior Counsel, Congressional Oversight of TARP
- Prior Board member Securities Investors Protection Corp. (SIPC)
- Graduate of Boston University; JD, New York Law School; LLM, Harvard Law School
Here are a few links that will give you some insight as to the life Ms. Spraggins has lived.